Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Chuck reporting from Japan

Hi all
I know lots of time no activity but got busy ... I am currently in Japan on assignment for a couple of months. I don't know if and when I will update my blog during this time.

For my travel blog (I just created one today and copied a couple of previous mails sent to friends into it .. in case anyone is interested) u can visit this link - http://chucktravels.blogspot.com.

Hoping to be back to cricket sooner than later.

Cheers

The Chuckster

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chuckster,

    You are damn right about

     
  • At Thursday, August 04, 2005 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Chuckster,

    You got it right on the spot with Sehwag being useless at the opening slot. Tendulkar and Ganguly should open for India with Sehwag coming 5 down. Laxman/ Kaif could come at #3 with Dravid, Sehwag and Yuvraj following him. Dhoni at #7 followed by Pathan, Khan, Bhajji, Nehra/ Balaji finishing at #11. Since SL is not available for this tournament, perhaps one could experiment with Laxman opening, as you pointed out in your article. Yuvraj is another one of those parasites, a perennial problem with Indian cricket. He should be seriously reprimanded for not trying hard. Perhaps a forced exile for 3 years might do him good. He may turn out to be like Damien Martyn! I still don't understand why Kumble is not being picked at all for these matches in SL. If he's not going to be played at all in this tourney, why ask him to tour? Why not just rest him? It should be obvious to the selectors that in SL the ball spins from the word go. Chandana has been doing a great job and no one in their right frame of mind will argue that he's better than Kumble! The least the selectors can do is to play Kumble against the Windies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home