Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bowlers scared of bowling fast???

Don't have too much to add but saw this story so thought would post the link - http://www.outlookindia.com/full.asp?fodname=20060206&fname=rajaraman&sid=1

Interesting thought ... but then Greg C has expressed his interest in getting someone who can bowl "fast" ... so this story really goes against that theory.

BTW, Sania Mirza moves into the second round of a tournament in Paris ... beats world No. 16 ... boring, huh? She beat world No. 6 and 9 last year so now 16 sounds like "hmmm ... yeah ... ok". Heh heh!

BTW, don't know if u guys saw this one or not coz it was pretty low key - Narain Karthikeyan gets signed up as the second test drive (fourth drive, I think they call it) for Williams. Ok, so he won't be racing this year unless something happens to both the main drivers but Williams has a really powerful car ... so it will be interesting to see his times in testing. Again, he isn't the main test driver (Friday tester, they call it I think) but even then, he gets the chance to impress people for a better slot in 2007. With the Jordan machine, he was always fighting a losing battle ... hoping for a great show with Williams.

Cheers

The Chuckster

3 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The team for the 2007 world cup should be 1.Sachin Tendulkar 2.Vidyut Sivaramakrshnan 3.Virender Sehwag 4.Saurav Ganguly 5.Rahul Dravid 6.Yuvraj Singh 7.Mahendra Singh Dhoni 8.Irfan Pathan 9. VRV Singh 10.Harbhajan Singh 11.Munaf Patel 12.Suresh Raina 13.Ashish Nehra 14.Mohammed Kaif 15.Ajit Agarkar.

    i think this team of 15 members can bring World Cup 2007 to India
    i also think that our selectors will select ganguly in the 2007 world cup squad.

    from Shivnesh Raj

     
  • At Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the Fast bowlers who chappel is searching for are VRV singh and Munaf Patel who can bowl Fast.

    From Shivnesh Raj

     
  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Tarun said…

    I thought i was a big circket afficnado.I think I have met my match.
    *Stands and salutes the screen*
    Brilliant post.I hope u come upo with a good cricket website.
    I would love to follow ur analysis

     

Post a Comment

<< Home