Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Sunny does the right thing by Hookes

Give credit where credit is due! Sunil Gavaskar gives a very decent apology for pulling in David Hookes name and memory into his spat with Ponting. When it happened, I was shocked that maligning a dead man (and what else could u call that) was actually becoming part of a quarrel between a former and present great of the game. Thankfully, Gavaskar backs off this one ... I don't want him to back off his favorite passtime of nepotism and nit-picking but the moment he took a dead man's name as part of his argument, he stepped into "improper" territory.

Well, Ponting mate ... Gavaskar did a boo-boo and he has apologized ... we r still waiting for u to apologize for ur part in the Sharad Pawar shoving episode where ur words exactly were "if you all think an apology is relevant ....". Yep, we do, Punter!

Cheers

The Chuckster

4 Comments:

  • At Friday, March 23, 2007 3:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chuckster,
    I think you are not following events regularly. You think Sharad Pawar is magnonimous enough to leave Ponting alone. He was not. He demanded for an apology from Ponting, Ponting did call Sharad Pawar and apologized to him.

    -Muthu

     
  • At Friday, March 23, 2007 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Chuckster,

    I have a little article which I wrote after the SL loss. Will you put it up on your site? Not a problem, if you are unable to do so.
    Ciao,
    A fan
    (Anirvan)

     
  • At Saturday, March 24, 2007 2:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *sigh* spineless battting screws us over...again.

     
  • At Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:39:00 PM, Blogger The Chuckster said…

    Anirvan
    Send me the article at sriram_ranga@hotmail.com ... and I will put it up with ur name and email id.

    Cheers

    The Chuckster

     

Post a Comment

<< Home