Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Chuck doing a Sunny here - nitpicking

Ok, I am gonna be a nit picker here, just for fun sakes!

There r rules regarding the usage of the national flag and recently there was this hullaboo where sportpeople were asked to remove the national flag from their helmets (SRT and Yuveraj in cricket and Narain Karthikeyan in F-1 being examples). The issue blew away and I guess today no one has a problem with it. The govt wanted to create a fuss ... once it showed its muscle, it thought - ok, lets cool it. It is not that big an issue.

I don't know if it is a big issue or not ... but no problems with that!

However, flags on helmets as a mark of respect or as a means of motivation - as players claims it to be - is all ok. Now that SRT has been conked on the helmet 4 times in the past two years, what happens if the ball hits the flag on the helmet and damages it? If the match is in India, will we arrest Brett Lee or Shoaib for disrespect shown to the Indian flag? Is SRT or whoever, even allowed to put the flag somewhere where it is in danger of getting hit by a 150 mph projectile and probably damaged beyond recognition?

Interesting thought!

Cheers all,

The Chuckster

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home