Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Indian crowds and racism

There is a lot of discussion happening over whether Andrew Symonds had been racially abused or not. I have read so many articles on this that I feel compelled to put in my two cents on something I felt would blow over on its own, simply because it was too small. Don't get me wrong here; racism by itself is not a small matter to be dismissed lightly. But everything has to be seen on a case-to-case basis.

Click here to read the complete post.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, October 23, 2007 4:42:00 AM, Blogger Nag said…

    Hi Sriram,

    Small correction to what you mentioned in this blog post. Symonds is not an aboriginal.

    Andrew Symonds (born 9 June 1975, Birmingham, England)is an Australian cricketer of West Indian heritage who moved to Australia with his parents, after they adopted him, when he was three months old. (Source- wikipedia)

    BTW, do you still live in Hyderabad?

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 2:58:00 AM, Blogger Stuart said…

    Interesting article. The whole issue has been largely blown out of proportion by the media (what a surprise). My biggest concern is that the media continues to beat it up whilst India are here in the upcoming months, which only serves to encourage the few morons in the crowd.

    The majority of Australians are looking forward to the Indian tour, and welcome them with open arms, much as the majority of Indian fans do to touring sides in their country. Don't judge any country by the minorities.

     
  • At Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home