Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Going strong on AOL.in

To those who missed me - thanks! To those who don't - Hmm, why don't u?

Anyways, blogging going strong at AOL.in and I won't say I don't regret stopping my own blogpage here, but frankly it is not possible for me to spend more time in addition to what I am spending at AOL.in.

So I came up with a good idea (heh heh, this is my blog and I get to decide which ideas r good). Everytime I post there, I will post the first paragraph here with a link to the complete article on the AOL blogsite.

This way I get to keep my blog running ... and I still blog for AOL (for the guy who asked previously ... yep, I do get paid but no one tells me what I can write and what I cannot ... that is still my discretion).

My last few posts -

Twenty 20 - not bad by half - Today, I enjoy watching Twenty20 more than when I did at the start of the ongoing World Cup. I can safely say it is growing on me. Earlier, I had watched the Twenty20 match in South Africa which was won by the heroics of Dinesh Karthick but it really needs a tournament like this for a person to see, evaluate and reach judgment. Today, I can see good points and bad points in the format which some days back only seemed to me to be 'circus cricket', for want of a better phrase.

Dravid needs to sing like a lark - There are a lot of people who think what happens in the dressing room ought to stay in the dressing room. In most cases, I would agree with the same but the strange case of the captain who resigned when at the top suggests to me that it might be better to change the rules a bit here.

12 'O clock, Dravid resigns as captain and all is well; 1 'O clock... - I borrow a paragraph from this article, though it has no relation to cricket. I can't say it better if I tried my damnest - In a recent 'Wizard of Id' cartoon strip, the town crier announces, "Six O'clock and time for lies, distortions, and half truths." A citizen pokes his head out the window and asks, "What happened to the news?" The crier replies, "This is the news!"

Answer - Twenty20 IS an old man's game - Ah, the answer to the question I put up in the last post! Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly will indeed be part of the new slam-bang quickie format, named the IPL, or the Indian Premier League. How could they ever not be?

The BCCI's Twenty20: Is it still a young man's game? - The Twenty20 league being planned by the BCCI is going to put some current Indian players in a fix. None more so than the big three - SRT, Ganguly and Dravid.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home