Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

How long should I spend in the middle?

This article is self-explanatory .... and if someone is telling me that the players are too desh-bhakt for small things like this to affect their service towards the nation, then I ask that person to go for a mental check up.

Wouldn't it be simpler for the player to say - I play for India ... u take me coz I play well. How long I play depends on the situation on the field ... and thus a clause like this makes no sense. So we will not have it.

http://www.indianexpress.com/iep/sunday/story/27810.html

I hope one of these nosy TV channels will have some expose on whose contract actually has this clause. Coz I really hope SRT's contract doesn't have it ... I have more than once had the bewilderment of seeing the man try to save a test match by defending tooth and nail when a slightly enterprising approach might take the team towards victory. I have admired this man too long (though I don't today) and I would really be hurt if his contract had this stipulation.

How many seniors are there anyways?

Cheers

The Chuckster

1 Comments:

  • At Sunday, April 08, 2007 10:59:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dont know if SRT's contract has the time duration clause in it, but I am pretty sure he has the 50s and centuries clause in it. Each time he scores a 50 or a 100, he would have got some kind of bonus. And I also remember some sponsor paying a bonus SRT for his performance in a match that India lost. It was attributed to his excellent batting in that game although India lost.

    If this clause too were in his contract, I would then lose faith in cricket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home