Beer, Chips and Cricket

This is a site about drinking beer, eating chips and thinking cricket. I am not a former player, a television commentaror or a journalist; my qualification to being worthy of hearing is that I drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of chips and think a lot about cricket. The thoughts need not be politically correct and often include colourful language but there will be no deliberate bias towards any player, community or state. I don't care about popular opinion or perceptions and I speak it as I see it.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Prateeksha and Jalsaa

I am getting bugged of these two names. In case u didn't know these are the names of Amitabh Bacchan's houses (or bunglows ... whatever) at Mumbai. Since his son is marrying Rai babe, the news channels talk about Prateeksha and Jalsaa as if they were the houses of their aunts and uncles.

U can almost see the reporters drooling as they talk about the arrangements for the weddings or the place where the mehndi is supposed to be brought from ... and stuff like that. I am sure one of these reporters will soon come up with a scoop - a picture of Amitabh or Aishwarya Rai going potty ... and splash it on the prime time news network and the anchors will be going - "dekhiye ... kitni sundar aankhen hain unki ... potty jaate waqt bhi kitni jaan hain in aankhon mein".

Sigh!!!

Cheers

The Chuckster

2 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That stupid thing took so much of air time that was supposed to be for "news" and not such drama.that drama could have been a part of the entertainment news-5 minutes max.Reporters going head over heels for Big B sending them food and water was the limit.Yes in my town when big weddings take place people do distribute leftover food to un invited be----s standing outside the venue.

     
  • At Thursday, June 03, 2021 1:58:00 PM, Blogger Alex Shimray said…

    Hilarious one is this as far I know. It don't have any sense to me. Alex Shimray

     

Post a Comment

<< Home